OUR SCHOOL IS NOW OPEN
As of Tuesday, September 8th, the Literacy Council of Grand Island is open under new business hours with limited services. Our organization's new business hours are as follows:
Monday — Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Our limited services include our one-on-one tutoring program and our language and learning lab. For the safety and well-being of our staff, students, and volunteers, we are not restarting group classes at this time. We are limiting the number of volunteers and students in our space at any given time, so tutor/student pairs must schedule an appointment to meet. If you and your student are planning to meet, please email us at email@example.com or send us a message through our Contact page here.
In addition to limiting the number of folks in our building, the Literacy Council will require all visitors to follow these steps to promote a safe learning space for all:
- Wear a mask at all times to enter the space. We will provide masks if you and/or or your student don't have one.
- Sanitize hands upon entry.
- Provide your phone number at our sign-in table for potential contact tracing.
- Complete a self-report COVID-19 symptom checklist and sign an oath of responsibility. Note that if you are experiencing any symptoms, have had close contact with a positive or presumed positive case, or are waiting on results from a COVID test, you will be asked to leave.
- Inside the building, maintain a 6-foot physical distance at all times. We have arranged our tutoring and computer spaces to accommodate this distance. We understand that this may not be the most ideal way to work one-on-one, and we appreciate your flexibility and creative thinking to make this new reality work.
- Do not bring your children or additional family members with you to the Literacy Council, as no one besides staff, students, and volunteers will be allowed inside the building at this time.
We appreciate your patience and support in working to make our space as safe as possible and are excited to have everyone together again!
Our mission is to teach our students, free of charge, the literacy skills necessary to communicate, grow, and thrive within our community.
We provide our students with free access to our four educational programs:
Language and Learning Lab
Community Connection Center